Yes, I’m talking about Chick-fil-A. It’s the only time you’ll hear me recommend a fast-food restaurant.
If you don’t know about Chick-fil-A, it’s because you don’t have one near you. It does a killing everywhere else.
Ten reasons we love it:
- The chicken is excellent. No, actually, the fried chicken is excellent. The grilled chicken is good, but that’s better than most.
- Sandwiches look like sandwiches, not mashed up specimens.
- Not just fries: waffle fries!
- Or, instead, a choice of coleslaw or carrot-raisin salad.
- Sides for kids include fruit cups and applesauce.
- Free refills on homemade lemonade and sweet tea.
- A lemon icebox pie that I just realized we have failed to order this week.
- Mints and lotion in the restrooms (sometimes).
- It makes a ton of money and isn’t even open Sundays, because Sundays are for family.
- Servers will bring trays to your table, empty your trash — anything that might help you.
You easily can come up with 10 more. Let’s hear them!