The summer season is still more than four months away, but we’ve finished working up menus for our eight Saturday smorgasbords. Tickets are $12 and reservations are suggested. Dinners include seasonal salads, freshly baked bread and premium coffee. Don’t forget about the concerts that follow; artists are here.
- June 30: Our annual gourmet picnic, with barbecue chicken, bistro burgers with a toppings bar and premium hot dogs. For dessert, apple-berry crumb pies.
- July 7: A full southern menu, led off by fried chicken and biscuits with white gravy, smothered roast beef with mushrooms and onions. Buttermilk pudding cake for dessert.
- July 14: Homemade sausage will meet white beans, tomatoes, spinach and pasta in a Parmesan broth for one of several Italian entrees. Tiramisu for dessert.
- July 21: A night to salute dishes from former menus, with a carved steamship round and roasted salmon with dill sour ream, along with scalloped potatoes, maple carrots, carrot cake and more.
- July 28: Our annual prime rib night, along with honey-glazed ham, corn pudding, a baked potato bar, peas with bacon and pearl onions, spinach salad and lemon cake.
- Aug 4: Repeating a popular theme from last year, “Sunday dinner,” with maple-crusted pork loin, herb-roasted turkey, classic sides, and a killer chocolate cake for dessert.
- Aug. 11: Our second-annual Farm Table dinner, with the entire dinner composed of ingredients from local farms and purveyors. The menu will be finalized only six hours earlier, after our last stop at the Gloversville farmers market.
- Aug. 18: Steak night is back. Prime New York strip steak with Perry’s corn on the cob, home fries and other rustic sides, finished with New York-style cheesecake. It’s a fittingly rich way to end what will be a rich summer.